Senior Services Has an Urgent Need to Fill These Volunteer Positions
Meals-on-Wheels needs volunteers to deliver nonperishable grocery bags to 1 to 5 seniors on the 4th Monday of every month. Bags can be picked up anytime between 9:00am and 3:00pm. Delivery can be done in 30 minutes or less. Learn more or call 336-721-3411 to help!
Meals-on-Wheels has 50 routes open. Routes are available Monday through Friday in different areas. See route openings. Learn more or call 336-721-3411 to help!
Volunteers wanted to visit home bound seniors in eastern Winston-Salem and Kernersville area. There are seniors waiting to meet you through the Connections program. Sign up today!
Experience the satisfaction of volunteering with Senior Services
Help seniors in Forsyth County by volunteering for one of these positions:
(bolded items represent our most urgent volunteer needs)
Aging With Purpose (AWP)
- Friendly Visitor – Visit a senior on a schedule that suits you and the participant
- In-home Arts Volunteer
- Improvisational Dance
- Deliver lunches to homebound seniors Monday through Friday
- Deliver nonperishable grocery bags to 1 to 5 seniors on the 4th Monday of every month. Bags can be picked up anytime between 9:00am and 3:00pm. Delivery can be done in 30 minutes or less
- One time a month volunteers for same route
Williams Adult Day Center
Click here for things to know before you go.
- Assist participants with special programs: music, baking, gardening, etc.
- Help serve lunch and snacks
- Assist with individual and group activities
- Assist with office work, reception and phone coverage, etc
- Help with gardening and yard work
- Assist with maintaining building and grounds
- Volunteer willing to paint walls and door frames
Office and Administrative Volunteer Positions
- Enter data into computer
- Help with filing
- Assemble mailings
- Assist with events
- Sign up for the Speaker’s Bureau
- Organize and clean workspaces
- Other office and administrative activities in various programs