Senior Services is resuming the intake of new volunteers for our Meals-on-Wheels program and some roles through the Aging With Purpose Initiative. All other volunteer recruitment and matching is temporarily suspended.
Contact Holly Beck at 336-721-3411 or email email@example.com.
Experience the satisfaction of volunteering with Senior Services
Below are a list of our typical volunteer opportunities. Many are temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information about the status of our programs, services and operations during COVID-19 click here.
- Deliver lunches to home-bound seniors Monday through Friday. Volunteer once a week, once a month, or anything in-between.
Aging With Purpose (AWP)
- Friendly Visitor – Visit a senior on a schedule that suits you and the participant
- Improvisational Dance
- Lawns of Love – Help a senior enrolled in our programs keep up their lawn by either mowing, trimming, weed eating or raking. Commitment is for the season. If you do not have your own equipment, we will match you with a senior who does have the equipment needed.
- Call Connections – Call an isolated senior in our program 1-2 times a week for about 15-30 minutes. A minimum 6 month commitment required.
- In Person Technology Help – (Temporarily Suspended) Help a senior enrolled in our programs learn their smart phone, tablet, iPad, or laptop as they learn to connect with others via technology.
Williams Adult Day Center
Click here for things to know before you go.
- Assist participants with special programs: music, baking, gardening, etc.
- Help serve lunch and snacks
- Assist with individual and group activities
- Assist with office work, reception and phone coverage, etc
- Help with gardening and yard work
- Assist with maintaining building and grounds
- Volunteer willing to paint walls and door frames
Office and Administrative Volunteer Positions
- Enter data for the accounting department
- Help with filing
- Assemble mailings
- Assist with events
- Sign up for the Speaker’s Bureau
- Organize and clean workspaces
- Other office and administrative activities in various programs