Senior Services is resuming the intake of new volunteers for our Meals-on-Wheels program and some roles through the Aging With Purpose Initiative. All other volunteer recruitment and matching is temporarily suspended.
Contact Holly Beck at 336-721-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Experience the satisfaction of volunteering with Senior Services
Below are a list of our typical volunteer opportunities. Many are temporarily suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information about the status of our programs, services and operations during COVID-19 click here.
Aging With Purpose (AWP)
- Friendly Visitor – Visit a senior on a schedule that suits you and the participant
- Improvisational Dance
- Deliver lunches to homebound seniors Monday through Friday
Volunteer once a week, once a month, or anything in-between
Williams Adult Day Center
Click here for things to know before you go.
- Assist participants with special programs: music, baking, gardening, etc.
- Help serve lunch and snacks
- Assist with individual and group activities
- Assist with office work, reception and phone coverage, etc
- Help with gardening and yard work
- Assist with maintaining building and grounds
- Volunteer willing to paint walls and door frames
Office and Administrative Volunteer Positions
- Enter data for the accounting department
- Help with filing
- Assemble mailings
- Assist with events
- Sign up for the Speaker’s Bureau
- Organize and clean workspaces
- Other office and administrative activities in various programs