Senior Services Has an Urgent Need to Fill These Volunteer Positions
Meals-on-Wheels drivers needed Mondays. One for pick up at Shorefair location and one pick up at the Williams Adult Day Center. Learn more or call 336-721-3411 to help!
Are you only able to do one route a month? We have multiple routes for just one time a month. See route openings. Learn more or call 336-721-3411 to help!
Partner with a participant at the Williams Adult Day Center to water plants outside and pull weeds once a week. Learn more or call 336-721-3411 to help!
Office help needed. Help needed filing, making calls for follow up and assessments. A volunteer is needed with advanced excel skills too. Learn more or call 336-721-3411 to help!
Volunteers wanted to visit home bound seniors in eastern Winston-Salem area. There are 16 seniors waiting to meet you through the Connections program. Sign up today!
Experience the satisfaction of volunteering with Senior Services
Help seniors in Forsyth County by volunteering for one of these positions:
(bolded items represent our most urgent volunteer needs)
Aging With Purpose (AWP)
- Friendly Visitor – Visit a senior on a schedule that suits you and the participant
- In-home Arts Volunteer
- Improvisational Dance
- Deliver lunches to homebound seniors Monday through Friday
- Every other Wednesday load boxes from the freezer to hand out to volunteers for delivery
- Drivers needed to deliver on Mondays picking up at Shorefair or Williams Adult Day Center
- One time a month volunteers for same route
Williams Adult Day Center
- Assist participants with special programs: music, baking, gardening, etc.
- Help serve lunch and snacks
- Assist with individual and group activities
- Assist with office work, reception and phone coverage, etc
- Help with gardening and yard work
- Assist with maintaining building and grounds
- Volunteer willing to paint walls and door frames
Office and Administrative Volunteer Positions
- Enter data into computer
- Help with filing
- Assemble mailings
- Assist with events
- Sign up for the Speaker’s Bureau
- Organize and clean workspaces
- Other office and administrative activities in various programs