Senior Services is monitoring updates related to the spread of the Coronavirus daily. Most people who become infected experience mild illness and recover, but it can be more severe for some with compromised or already weakened immune systems. Our goal, as always, is to do the best we can to keep the people we serve, our volunteers, and staff safe and healthy.
Program and Service Updates
As we respond to the Coronavirus pandemic, Senior Services is committed to keeping you informed about the latest changes to our services, programs, and operations. Please check here for the latest updates and adjustments.
Operational Updates and Current Status of Programs
March 22, 2021
Senior Services’ Shorefair and Melrose (Williams Center) locations remain closed to the public and visitors without a prior appointment. Staff is working remotely, and we continue to maintain regular on-site hours throughout the week for them to complete in-person work as needed. If you are trying to reach a staff person at our agency the best way is through email or by leaving a message through their direct line or with our front desk. Messages are checked and responded to regularly throughout each business day. We are excited to announce a few planned transitions and re-openings in several of our programs. Please read below for more information.
Volunteer Recruitment Update
We are currently recruiting volunteers to serve in our Meals-on-Wheels program. Click here for more information about how you can help be a part of getting meals to seniors in need throughout our community.
- Meals-on-Wheels – continues to deliver a weekly 5-pack of frozen meals to all participants with volunteers and staff making regular check-in calls to each person being served. Assessments and re-assessments for this program are currently being conducted by phone. Important Update: We have set a target date of Monday, May 3 for returning to daily delivery of hot meals.
- Senior Lunch – sites remain closed. Site managers continue regular phone calls to participants and we are able to offer frozen and shelf-stable meals to participants as needed. Assessments and re-assessments for this program are currently being conducted by phone. Important Update: We are working with each site and all active participants on setting a return schedule for each of our four Senior Lunch sites.
- Williams Adult Day Center – The Williams Center remains closed to participants and volunteers. Staff is making daily phone calls to participants to check on them and help address unmet needs. In-home respite support, meals, activity packets, and other essential items are being provided to families enrolled at the Williams Center as needed. Virtual support groups are available for caregivers. Important Update: We have set a target date of Monday, April 19 for a limited capacity re-opening of the Williams Center. Our team is in touch with all active participants about their schedule for returning. If you are interested in enrolling a loved one at the Williams Center please call 336-724-2155 for more information.
- Home Care – The Home Care program continues to operate as normal. CNA’s and nurses entering homes have implemented a variety of safety protocols to keep themselves and the families we serve safe.
- Help Line – The Help Line program continues to operate as normal. Our Aging Resource Specialists remain available to help connect the community to resources and information as needed. Please call 336-724-2040 or email email@example.com to be connected with a staff member.
- Elder Care Choices – The Elder Care Choices benefit remains available to meet the needs of caregivers working at contracting companies. If your company is enrolled in the Elder Care Choices benefit with Senior Services please visit the Elder Care Choices website for information about how to contact a Counselor. If your company has an interest in learning more about how to access this benefit that can be found on the website as well.
- Living-at-Home – Case managers in the Living-at-Home program continue to be available to participants in the program. Many visits and check-in’s are being conducted remotely and by telephone.
- Aging with Purpose – In-person volunteer activities remain suspended. Volunteers are being matched by phone and making regular social connections with participants in the program.