Senior Services is contracted with the Veterans Administration (VA) to provide In-Home Care and Adult Day Care services to qualifying Veterans. Please read below for more information about accessing VA funded Home Care and Adult Day Care support with our agency.
The VA has specific criteria to determine if you are eligible for these programs.
- If you are currently receiving VA services, contact the Health Center Social Workers to verify benefits from Aid & Attendance (for home services) or Home & Community Care Services.
- If you are not currently receiving VA services, contact the VA to establish eligibility. Below is contact information for assistance to determine if you qualify to receive services:
- Veteran Affairs Eligibility Center, 855-488-8440
- Winston-Salem Regional Benefit Office, 800-827-1000. They are located in the Federal Building at 251 N. Main Street, Winston-Salem, NC
- Veterans Service Center, 336-766-1496. They are located at 3802 Clemmons Rd Ste C, Clemmons, NC
What Comes Next…
Once you have confirmed benefits you will meet with your physician or social worker to discuss your needs. Remember, when you meet with your physician or social worker, you must tell them the program you want a referral for – either Senior Services Home Care or the Williams Adult Day Center.
We receive the referral directly from the VA and provide the services specified on the plan of care which might include bathing, personal care, respite, etc.
Get more information about the services provided at the Williams Adult Day Center or learn more about the Senior Services Home Care program.
Want to learn more?
Visit the Veteran’s Administration website for more information about your benefits or learn more about the VA’s Adult Day Health and Homemaker/Home Health Aide.