Information and Referrals

The following organizations assist individuals in understanding and accessing benefits available for
target populations.

Solutions for independence
Information for any disability

The Arc of Forsyth County
The Enrichment Center

Cancer Services, Inc.

Easter Seals UCP of North Carolina

Mental Health Association

NC Baptist Aging Ministry (NCBAM)

Senior Services, Inc.
Help Line
Resources for seniors and caregivers

United Way 211
Triad General Information
Dial 211


Q: Whom does Help Line serve?

A: Help Line provides information and referrals for Forsyth County residents aged 60 and older. Help Line assists older adults, caregivers, friends and neighbors and professionals and can be reached by phone, email or through a secure online inquiry by clicking here.

Q: I am an older adult and have specific questions about my disability.  Whom should I call?

A: Persons needing specific information related to a physical disability should call the Adaptables. Someone in need of specific information related to a mental health diagnosis should call the Mental Health Association. For general information about resources in Forsyth County and North Carolina, call 211.  211 can assist with things like employment and job assistance, food assistance, housing and utilities payments, mental health, addictions, counseling, transportation, legal support and much more. A call to NC 2-1-1 is free, confidential, and available all day, every day and in any language. For general information about the City of Winston Salem, call 311. CityLink centralizes access to city information and services through one, easy-to-remember, easy-to-use telephone number.

Back to Directory of Services

Stay Up to Date with the Latest News
Back to Top