The Intergenerational Center for Arts and Wellness (Generations Center) is almost complete and will be the new home of the award-winning Williams Adult Day Center. The Williams Center provides a safe, fun, and structured day program that brings meaning and friendship to each participant in a nurturing environment. This October, we’ll open the doors of our new Williams Center location to offer lots of great opportunities for even more participants and their caregivers to join our program and take part in intergenerational activities and evidence-based programming in a larger, state-of-the-art space. Here are a few of the things we’re looking forward to and the many positive ways we believe our new location will impact the well-being of participants in our program!
Here’s what we’re looking forward to:
- 50% more space and an open floor plan to maximize engagement and activity throughout the day.
- Dedicated space for music, arts, sensory, large and small groups, and lounge activities.
Sunroom with large windows overlooking an intergenerational play space.
- Participant kitchen area for a home-like feel and staff-led cooking and food activities.
Larger salon and spa tub spaces to accommodate personal care needs. The spa area has both jetted tubs and showers.
- Family waiting area, with increased opportunities to share activities, photos, and moments with you!
- Opportunities for more intergenerational engagement, arts, and wellness activities with Generations Center partners.
- AND MUCH MORE!
Williams Adult Day Center participants will enjoy:
- A wide range of opportunities to interact across generations.
- Enhanced opportunities for arts and creative engagement.
- Upscale dining experience during breakfast and lunch.
- Access to Winston-Salem State University Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Nursing student support.
The Generations Center Will Have More Support for Caregivers
Outside of the Williams Center space, there will be 20,000 additional square feet of partner space with a commitment to regular and intentional interaction and programs that our participants and families can access. Joining us in the new building are a wide array of partners (see full listing below). This means increased opportunities:
- For one-stop family activities.
- To join support groups, attend classes and trainings, meet new people, and experience new endeavors.
- To enjoy a meal at the Generations Café.
- To access and benefit from on-site health care, geriatric care, Occupational and Physical Therapy support, and partnerships.
- AND MUCH MORE!
These are just a few of the wonderful things we’re looking forward to and hope that you’re equally excited about, as well!
Are you caring for someone living with memory loss or frailty? The Williams Adult Day Center can help!