Legal Services/Civil Rights/Discrimination

The following organizations offer services that address individual legal needs or concerns.

Clerk of Superior Court

Forsyth County Register of Deeds Office

Trellis Supportive Care
Palliative, Hospice & Family Care

Legal Aid of NC
Domestic violence, civil, non-criminal
877-579-7562 (Senior Legal  Help Line)

Magistrates’ Office

Mediation Services of Forsyth County

NC Department of Justice
Attorney General Office
Consumer Complaint Hotline

NC Department of Labor

NC Lawyer Referral Service

NC State Bar

Senior Services, Inc.
Help Line

For a list of Forsyth Co. elder law attorneys

Winston-Salem Human Relations Dept.
Housing discrimination – City Link
336-727-8000 or 311


Q: My mom needs legal assistance. Are there any attorneys who specialize in elder law?
A: The NC Lawyer Referral Service can help you locate a certified elder law attorney in your area. The Wake Forest Elder Law Clinic, a program for adults aged 60 or older with low to moderate incomes, can help with legal documents. Legal Aid is another possible resource. Senior Services’ Help Line is not aware of any attorneys who offer their services pro bono.

Q: What is advance care planning?
A:  Advance care planning is a process in which you reflect upon, discuss, make decisions about, plan for and document the care you would want should the time come when you are no longer able to speak for yourself.  Your wishes need to be put in writing and shared with loved ones. Advance care planning helps your loved ones and medical professionals honor your healthcare goals and wishes.  Hospice & Palliative CareCenter offers advance care planning workshops throughout the year. You can visit here to see the full schedule or check the Community Events Calendar for the dates of upcoming workshops.

Back to Directory of Services

Stay Up to Date with the Latest News

Back to Top