Home Care Assistance

The following organizations provide licensing, information or home care assistance. Home Care services may be covered by private pay, long term care insurance, grant funds, Veterans Administration or Medicaid.

Division of Health Service Regulation
Home Care Complaint Hotline

Trellis Supportive Care
Palliative, Hospice & Family Care

Senior Services, Inc.
Help Line
For information on home care options

Senior Services, Inc.
Home Care:  336-725-0907
Living-at-Home (CAP-DA):  336-725-0907


Q: Who pays for Home Care?

A: Home Care services can be paid for with private funds or through long term care insurance, Hospice, veterans benefits and Medicaid or other public funding.  In Forsyth County there are a variety of options for home care assistance. Some of these options include sitter/companion services, errand/transportation services and homemaker services (help with housework and meals).  Certified nursing assistant help (personal care assistance) is another option.  Arrangements for home care services can be made by individuals needing care or by their family members, but some services may require authorization by a primary care physician.

Q: How is Home Health different?

A: Home Health agencies provide skilled nursing services, physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech/language therapy for individuals in their homes in accordance with a doctor’s orders. These skilled services are typically short term, ordered by a physician and covered by most insurance.

Stay Up to Date with the Latest News

Back to Top