Financial Management

The following organizations offer one or more of the following:
credit counseling, budgeting, financial education and reverse mortgage counseling.

Chapter 13
Personal bankruptcy

Financial Pathways of the Piedmont

Legal Aid of NC
Bankruptcy and foreclosure assistance

Senior Financial Care (60+)


Q: My parents are having trouble managing their mail and monthly bills.  Is there someone who can help them?
A: Senior Financial Care is a local, low- to no-cost resource for seniors 60 years of age and older.  It offers credit counseling, along with budget, bill-paying and reverse-mortgage counseling.  There are also private companies for hire that can organize monthly bill paperwork and assist with monthly bill paying.  Another option is for a trusted family member or adult child to assist with monthly bill paying by setting up an account online through his or her parents’ bank.  It may also be helpful to visit the Federal Trade Commission website, through which you can arrange to stop unsolicited mail, email and phone calls.

Q: What is the Representative Payment Program?
A: This is a program for recipients receiving Social Security, Social Security Supplemental Income or Social Security Disability Income.  Persons who are incapable of managing these funds may need a representative payee.  The program is administered through the Social Security Administration. To learn more about the process, visit the Representative Payee home page.

Stay Up to Date with the Latest News

Back to Top