The Share the Health Fair is the largest student run health fair in North Carolina. The fair is planned and staffed by student volunteers from the MD, PA, and graduate student programs of the School of Medicine with the help of Wake Forest physicians and PAs.
– At the fair, all registered participants have the option to receive several screening tests free of charge. These tests include weight and BMI recording, blood pressure, blood glucose level, blood cholesterol level, lung function (spirometry), bone density, dermatological screening, vision testing, STI screening, and glaucoma screenings. Flu shots will also be available free of charge.
– The results of these tests are immediately given to the participants, and they have the option of discussing the results with a volunteer Baptist Medical Center physician on site. Participants are also given referrals for follow-up care.
– Additionally, participants can elect to have a mental health screening in a private room, and resources about mental health care and resources in the community are available. There are also many stations providing information and resources about healthy lifestyle choices, including a smoking cessation station.
– Representatives from NC Legal Aid and HealthCare Access will be on site to provide education about the Affordable Care Act, as well as to provide assistance in checking for eligibility to purchase health insurance through the new insurance marketplace.
– New this year, we will have representatives from the Wake Forest law and business schools to provide financial counseling, specifically related to budgeting and healthcare law.
– We have also partnered with H.O.P.E., Help Our People Eat, who will be providing 250 bags of produce to fair attendees.
– Child care will be available.
Parking is available.