Who is eligible?
Forsyth County residents age 60 or over who:
- Are unable to perform two or more tasks essential to the activities of daily living (bathing, dressing, eating, mobility, toileting and continence.),
- Need help with these tasks in order to remain in their own homes,
- Do not have a responsible and capable person available to perform these tasks, or
- Have a primary caregiver in need of respite.
Here’s what recipients say about the Home Care program:
“The Certified Nursing Assistant has relieved me of a lot of stress. She has taught me a lot regarding caring for my husband. Being elderly myself, she has lifted the pressure on me. I couldn’t care for him as well without her. Thank you for your services.”
“As I am unable to stand or walk without help, having someone to help me is invaluable.”
“Your service has been a true blessing. All the personnel are friendly and helpful. I can’t say how great it is to receive services from caring workers. Regular bathing and lotioning have made a great improvement in my skin. Senior Services is way above standards.”
Hours and cost of service:
Home Care services are provided Monday through Friday. Visits vary from one to two hours for personal care and three to four hours for respite care. Transportation services are not provided.
Limited funding is available for seniors needing financial assistance for care. Payment options include the following:
- Private insurance (long-term care),
- Veterans Administration (VA) benefits,
- Medicaid, and
- Private pay (with a minimum of a two-hour visit once a week).
For more information, please call 336-721-3402 or e-mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.