Some of the Most Common Topics:
- Transportation (for medical care, to shop for food),
- Help in the home with personal care,
- Meals and nutrition programs,
- Housekeeping and sitter services,
- Resources for home modification and home repair services,
- Information on housing options, including nursing home placement, and
- Recreation and volunteer opportunities.
Here’s what recipients say about Help Line:
“Thank you so much for your assistance. Sometimes you feel so alone in this process, but you have been very generous with your time and help. I feel confident this information will prove helpful.”
“You make me confident that I have a knowledgeable as well as compassionate living, breathing resource to turn to.”
“Thanks so much for all your help this afternoon!! I greatly appreciate your unique way of explaining what is available and your willingness to guide me through the process of Mom’s aging changes.”
“All of these situations have come together because of your guidance. I am grateful and humbled that you took such amazing care with me.Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
Who can call Help Line?
Seniors, their caregivers and professionals may call Help Line for free assistance. Comprehensive assessments are completed to determine the individual needs of clients, and assistance is provided to connect them with appropriate services.
Directory of Services
The 2015 Directory of Services for Older Adults in Forsyth County, is available in hard copy or online at this link: Directory of Services. While the hard copy is printed annually and available free of charge, the online directory is continually up to date.