Caring for someone living at home?
Want a fresh approach to care that supports well-being for all involved?
Join us for an Eden at Home Care Partner Workshop!
An initiative of The Eden Alternative®, Eden at Home promotes improving quality of life and well-being for all involved in the care relationship. It does not see the needs of caregivers and care receivers as separate, but rather as part of a rich, mutually supportive care partnership. By our definition, care partners include:
- Home Care Professionals
- the Elder themself
Working together, empowered care partner teams help ensure the independence, dignity, and continued growth and development of elder care partners by eliminating loneliness, helplessness, and boredom for everyone on the team. Eden at Home Care Partner Workshops empower participants to:
- Work together with others to reduce stress & burnout;
- Develop meaningful connections through thoughtful and effective communication;
- Create opportunities for all to give, as well as receive; and
- See aging, care, and living with different abilities through new eyes.
Prior workshop participants share that they have:
- Experienced positive changes in their relationships with Elder care partners;
- Learned to work more collaboratively with other family members and care professionals;
- Noticed a more positive outlook and perspective about care; and
- Expanded their support networks.
To learn more about Eden at Home, you may visit the Eden at Home website directly or contact us at 336.725.0907.
Forsyth County has 20 Certified Eden at Home Associates ready to provide Care Partner Workshops throughout our community. To request a Care Partner Workshop or an introductory presentation for your group, please contact Kristen Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or 336.721.6959.
If you are a Certified Eden at Home Associate please click here.