Our Home Care program began in 1978 and is licensed by the North Carolina Division of Facility Services. The program employs certified nursing assistants, registered nurses, and other healthcare professionals to assist the frail elderly in the home setting.
A healthcare professional visits the home to evaluate the client’s and/or caregiver’s needs. A plan for care is formulated in conjunction with the client and family.
Certified in-home aides provide a variety of services, with a primary emphasis on personal hygiene care. The aide can also assist with simple meal preparation, grocery and pharmacy errands and pertinent light housekeeping.
In addition to services for the client, aides can provide respite care for the primary caregiver, allowing temporary relief from the stresses of caregiving.
Home Care services are provided Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 A.M. and 5:00 PM. Visits may vary from one to two hours for personal care and three to four hours for respite care. These are scheduled weekly. Trans-
portation services are not provided.
Forsyth County residents age 60 or over are eligible for services if they . . .
- Are unable to perform two or more tasks essential to the activities of daily living,
- Need help with these tasks in order to remain in their own homes,
- Do not have a responsible and capable person available or willing to perform these tasks, or
- Are a primary caregiver in need of respite.
Limited funding is available for clients needing financial assistance for care. Persons using these funds are encouraged to share in the cost of service by giving what they can afford; however, no one is denied service owing to an inability to contribute.
Payment options include the following:
- Private insurance (long-term care),
- Veterans Administration (VA) benefits,
- Medicaid, and
- Private pay (with a minimum of a two-hour visit one a week).
For more information or to apply, please call 336-721-6949 to talk with the Home Care administrator. You can also request more information by e-mailing